Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Yearning for Spring....

Yes, I do realize that I months behind on my blogging... but with good reason. I won't go there today... but soon. The truth is I have looked at my sad little blog with good intentions and desire to update but when it comes right down to it, It just didn't happen. We have a lot going on these days... We just returned from Orlando (my first trip to Disney!!) It was a really exciting/exhausting trip (Drove down on Thursday and back on Monday). We went to cheer on our favorite mascot...AUBIE, as he competed for the UCA National Mascot Championship title... and he deserved it but was a close 2nd place behind "Chip" from Colorado. I will save my thoughts on that one, and say it was still really exciting for all to be (1st runner up) but a tough pill to swallow. I hate being 1st runner up! Oh well.
In other news, we are having plans drawn up currently with the thoughts of adding on to the house. This is a potentially big deal/overhaul but one we desperately are needing for various reasons. ONE being storage. AND a garage (a two car garage!- with an upstairs storage room/man den for B). In the meantime, I have a million things I must get done TODAY but hopefully in the next several days I will get back into the swing of things.... meanwhile I am yearning for spring. I hate being cold. I hate getting into a car with the outside temp (where we are parked) reading a frigid 18 degrees. WE live in Alabama NOT New York. I am SOOOO ready for the spring for SO many reasons...

Whitney

4 comments:

Angie Davis said...

take your time. :)

Courtney Higdon said...

Glad to have you back!

H2's Mommy said...

Yay! You're back! :)

Anonymous said...

Shocker! But I'm so glad. =) - I check all the time to see if you have updated but I know how crazy things are right now so no worries!
Love you-
tbj