Wednesday, March 3, 2010


This is last Thursday morning around 5:30 AM. We were Already at St. Vincents getting ready for Fearing to get tubes in his little ears. WOW was that an early morning. He woke up around 2:30 screaming so I picked him up and held him until 3:45 when I had to get up anyway. I got up got ready and then got Beau up since we had to be at the hospital at 5am for his surgery. I won't lie I was scared that they would have to put my baby to sleep...but Dr. Wag. made a good point, it was probably no more harmful than all of the  antibiotics he has already had to be on.
I was shocked Fearing was as happy as he seemed to be. We had to pick him up out of bed and take him to the hospital with NO food or drink...I'm not going to lie about that either. But he seemed to do great.
I don't know why I didn't think to take my camera! But lucky us Daddy has an AWESOME iphone that Mommy really wants takes pretty good pics! I could NOT resist my sweet baby in this tiny gown!

Of course we had to get a 'rear view' photo too.

The closer we got to 6:30 the more ancy someone Beau Fearing became.So we had to do lots of walking, singing and funny faces to keep his mind off the fact that he was probably hungry.

Wonder why Beau looks so tired?

This picture is quite grainy but he finally got extremely sleepy and stayed asleep when the nurse took him from me to go to the O.R.

They kept telling us it was a VERY quick procedure but I don't think either of us were expecting THAT quick!! Literally 20 minutes after they took him from us they called us into the meeting room for Dr. Waguespack to come and talk to us. As soon as we got in the little room I heard them waking Fearing up ( I could hear him crying from where we were) He explained to us how the surgery went and then just a few minutes later they let us go back into the recovery room (Beau and I were headed back there when they came to get us...we could hear him crying and we could not take it!) Once we got back there he was quite ticked off (which we were told to expect) mainly because he was HUNGRY!! All we could give him was juice until we got him home...which needless to say was an awful ride! BUT, once we got home and he got some food in his little belly he was perfect. He was SO happy all day and he actually took a 3 1/2 hour nap (the longest one he had in over 1 month!! thanks to those mean ole' ears!) and so far he seems to be doing great.


Kristin and Blake said...

Glad everything went well...hopefully this will do the trick so that sweet little guy will feel like himself again! I love the gown shots too!! Hard to believe they have gowns that tiny!

Angie Davis said...

so glad to hear all went well! he is so sweet. hope you guys get some much needed rest now!