Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Lately...

Considering it has been way to long since my last post, I thought I would give a quick update on our 'lately' After my last post we had a wonderful weekend planned with our dear friends who were coming in town from Colorado. The Bozich's arrived on Wednesday and stayed with us until the following Monday. We had such a great time catching up and playing with Lili. She stole our hearts. She is precious. It totally sealed the deal for Beau ( and me too!) and made us realize how ready we are to meet our little one. But our fun ended quickly as Beau woke up Thursday on his death bed. He apparently got food poisoning from a really nasty place( I will NOT mention the name...it makes me cringe) that I have told him not to eat before. We will not go there. Long story short I ended up having to leave him at my parents house (where we were staying) while I went to work. Did I mention that my dad and brother and mom were in Auburn at a conference so I was holding down the fort by myself at work?? So needless to say it was a very long day for me not to mention it was HORRIBLE for B. It was so crazy! Finally by Saturday he started feeling more normal and we filled our time with visits and driving. We were so sad to see them leave and look forward to visiting with them again this summer ( did I mention Alisa is pregnant too?!?- so next time we see each other I should be getting close to seeing our little guy and she will be about a month behind me- these should be fun pictures!)
The Bozich's left out of Monday- Tuesday I had a dr appt and a meeting as well as I was going to Montgomery with my dad Tuesday morning for business. Tuesday does not start out well for me... I wake up with something... SO SICK- and not pregnant sick! There is a difference! So I end up back in the bed while Beau heads to b'ham for work. In the meantime I have to reschedule my doctor appt and miss my meeting. GOODNESS! My dad heads to Montgomery only to turn around because our Secretary is sick too! Looking back it was totally in the Lord's hands, because my mom had taken my diabetic grandaddy to dr to have his foot looked at and ended up having to have

*** DON'T READ IF YOU HAVE A WEAK STOMACH****

surgery and have one of his toes amputated- there was an infection and it got into his bone. Bless his heart. BUT all turned out fine- and my dad was thankfully in town and able to go be with my mom and grandfather. ** Sidebar my other grandfather went to the emergency room on Saturday night after fiddling (that is definitely as southern word huh) with some high powered machine in his basement and nearly ruining his pinkie finger! Luckily after 3 hours in emergency, a tet. shot, 4 stitches and some antibiotics he was on his way!
SO as you can tell our lives have been a little CRAZY lately. But on a good note...

We went to the doctor on Wednesday the 11th where we once again heard our little one's heartbeat! It is so amazing and we are dying to see our baby again since the last time we saw the babe was at 6 wks which looks more like a peanut than a baby. So Beau decided he would ask the doctor if there was anyway we could go ahead and find out what we're having... his answer. NO- he wouldn't do that ultrasound for 4 more weeks...Ughhh...but then he said he had a patient/client who worked for Virginia College in Birmingham and he didn't mind letting us go over there and get an ultrasound done by them, if we couldn't stand it. So after we left the office we decided I would call and get an appt for the Next week. The representative from Virginia College convinced me to come in the next day so we did. They were super nice and it was very professional. This is where many sonogram technicians go to learn the trade. It is a two year program. Our technician(sorry if this is not the correct name) will graduate in May and she was so sweet. They were actually in the middle of their midterms so her exam was to find a whole list of things on baby! It was amazing to see how much our little one looks like a baby now!! It had been almost 10 wks since the last time we saw it. SO of course we really excited to see arms, legs, kidneys, spine, brain, heart....but what we really wanted to see was the gender. About that time the instructor came in and moved the thing around a little and then said.... " that's a leg, that's a leg, and that thing in the middle is not a leg.".. WHAT!! A BOY!!! apparently I got so excited to see Beau's reaction I never looked back at the screen!! I can't believe I didn't even get to see!! And of course the picture is not very clear!! So needless to say we are so excited to be having a little boy. He will be the first great grandchild "Mosley" to carry on the name. In other words there are 4 other great grand boys but none of them have the "Mosley" last name... so Beau is super excited. As was ALL of our family!! I will say I am really looking forward to my actual doctors appt in 2 1/2 wks to see our little boy for myself! But we did see a wonderful view of his side profile- it looked like he was sucking his little thumb then he put both hands up to his face like he was praying... melt my heart! I can't wait to see him again.
One thing they did say is that he did not stop moving the entire time. Our poor tech was trying to find certain things and he was constantly moving around...we just laughed. So basically when I can start feeling him I am pretty sure I will be feeling like a punching bag...ALL worth it I know!

So that is our lately!

**btw The first thing I saw on the monitor was a leg stretch out and I thought to myself...OMG that is the LONGEST leg I have EVER seen in my life!! So if he has Beau's height- I feel sorry for me come JULY!!!

I will update again soon. Hopefully sooner rather than later!

Whitney

5 comments:

Erin said...

Aw, Whitney!!! How exciting! I just can't believe it! And a boy... how special. So cool that he will carry on the name! My Dad and I were just talking the other day about how it's all up to Taylor and Beau to have boys! (I mean, unless Kenny and Courtney decide to have more.) Anyway, just wanted to say congratulations again and I am soooo excited for y'all! Little known secret: Beau was always my favorite cousin growing up. I always thought he was so cool. :) I'm sure your little one will be just as cool... haha!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see some sonogram pics! =)
So exciting!
Tiff

Unknown said...

yea!!! congrats on the baby boy!

Angie Davis said...

what fun news! you will LOVE having a boy!!!!!

Courtney Higdon said...

How incredibly exciting!!! Congratulations on the new baby BOY!!! Yeah!