Friday, August 8, 2008

Slow Down

Well it is official. I pretty much stink at my blogging ability these days. I would give you a brief overview of why...but we all know I am never brief. That is why you read right!?!



This week has been soo busy for Beau and me. We have worked late, been in Birmingham late every night and even stayed unexpectedly one night because we just couldn't force ourselves to make the drive home. Busy is a good thing though...right? It is for us, I mean we like being busy. It makes the weekend come sooner...or so it feels. But do you ever feel like you are so busy that the time is going by soooo fast and you're spending your entire day chasing the daylight. (that is for you TIP) I didn't mean the pun but it slithered out of my fingertips and I know if anyone appreciates the total SH rip-off it is you right?



Today that is my life. Beau and I are going to the beach with my entire family on Sunday. We began our work days until the beach countdown at #10. I thought this day would never get here. But it has arrived and it is going to be over quicker than it appeared. How is that?? Is it because mentally I have been on vacation since day 10 or is it because I am so incredibly UNorganized and I feel quilty leaving my disaster behind. I think it is safe to say it is a little of both. But I am trying to just not think about it. I have way too much to do than to analyze why I have only an hour and a half left in my work day with about 3 hours of work left to do. Ugghhh.



I guess I will get to my point. I wanted to write a little about slowing down. I went to the most hated chain store EVER today, I had a very specific reason for going there. Tire shine....yep that is right. Tire shine and armoral (spelling) wipes. (I am showing my car this afternoon). But....while I am in there I end up purchasing three CDS. Does anyone besides me still buy CDS? It is such a waste. Especially for me. But today I bought some really random ones. One that takes me back to UAB- don't really want to go back but I do sometimes. BrushFire Fairytales by Jack Johnson. You know with the really good singalongs like inaudible melodies (think that is the name), and Bubblie Toes or something like that. Also Sugarland for the one song I know and then I picked up my dad the Doobies greatest hits. (Great find for 7 bones). So back to my point. I put in the JJ cd and the first song chorus is "Slow down everyone you're moving too fast... yadayadayada" and it hit me. OMG that is the truth. Everyone is moving so fast all the time........another story about this later when I am not panicking about time management. It is a funny grocery store story. ALL of this to say....this next week I am slowing down. I am planning to take FULL advantage of beach time. Maybe I will blog. Maybe not but the life will be beach living at its best. Care Free and Stress Free...except maybe the choices like...should I get a bloody mary or coffee this morning while I watch the boats come in from the gulf. One thing I do know is Beau and I are going to purchase our very own camera before we depart so that means beach pics for sure!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whit- I love the SH reference...of course! I forgot that you are such a good writer! Love you!

H2's Mommy said...

I agree with Tiff...you are a good writer! I hope you're having a good slow week at the beach!