Thursday, August 28, 2008

A Tradition Begins

So as most of you know the 2008 Auburn Football season kicks off in less than 72 hours. It would be an understatement if I said we were excited and looking forward to this year! My precious husband reminds of a child on Christmas Eve. And to say that I did not feel the same would not be exactly honest. You see this season will mark the beginning of a very important tradition in our family. Since March 2008 my love for Auburn University has taken on a different role. What was once just a fun place to visit some of mine and Beau's very best friends... is now a place that goes much deeper into my heart. I know for those who do not know me very well I probably sound like a crazy person. But for those who know me best they understand. I will try to fill in others although I am very limited on what I can "actually" say. I will say this.... thanks to a very special person in my life.....in our lives..... our entire family is a part of the Auburn family in a much deeper way. OK. SO what does this mean? I am not exactly sure at this point. I do know what I have been told. I have been told that this family is FOREVER. Once you are part of it you are always part of it! I know that the last two Auburn events I have attended I have cried like a baby when the chant "Its great to be an AUBURN tiger" is mentioned with such fire in everyones voices. It is like nothing else I have ever experienced. This weekend will mark a family tradition that I am sure(a hope and pray) will continue for many generations of the Weldon family. We will all (our entire family) be down on the Plains on Saturday... cheering for our Tigers, celebrating the new season, enjoying the fellowship with friends of all ages, both new and old. There is nothing like a 6pm game too. We have ALL heard and seen when people say " You know God loves Auburn because the sky is orange and blue on the plains when the sun sets" And it is true!! Amazing and true. I am praying for clear skies and a beautiful sunset. As the next two days come to an end, I encourage everyone to say a few extra prayers for our team this year. Pray for the safety of our players, cheerleaders, dance team, band, and our favorite mascot AUBIE. I really feel like it is going to be a great year.... Looking forward to seeing you on the Plains. WAR EAGLE.

2 comments:

H2's Mommy said...

Whit, I got chills as I read your blog and as I thought about being in Auburn. I can't wait to be there Saturday. I'm so thankful to be an Auburn Tiger! War Eagle!

Angie Davis said...

love it! but don't tell my family. i mean, you know, they are AL fans at heart, but they LOVE the newest happenings in the weldon family. but i married an auburn man, and between you and me - i've been sucked in!