Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Dr. Appt. Update

As promised I wanted to give a quick update on our doctor's appointment from this morning. We had the ultrasound and warned the nurse we thought we knew but wanted to double check- reassurance! So as soon she started the ultrasound...WOW... They were right! It is definitely a boy! There was no denying that- Beau and I both snickered obviously this little guy is not modest! So from now on we can refer to him by his name which is.....Fearing. It was Beau's grandmothers maiden name. Nanny was a very special lady who Beau adored! I am so thankful that I had the chance to meet her! Unfortunately, she passed away after we had been dating around 3 months, but I love to hear stories about her and I know she was an awesome person! Also as a side note, Beau and I are going to the "Fearing" family reunion in Nags Head in June and we are really excited to see family (many of which came down for our wedding!!)and tell them the exciting news about our little boy carrying on the family name!
Everything from the ultrasound went wonderful. We got to see a lot of the different parts: cerebellum, spine, kidneys, bladder, arms, PARTS, heart, and the LEGS! I know I am making a big deal about his legs but OMG they are long!! There is no denying he is Beau's son! All of his measurements looked good and he was actually measuring ahead of schedule. Technically I was 18 wks 6 days today but he was measuring around 20 wks and a few days and his femur was measuring close to 21 wks!!! I don't know how all of that works I am guessing I am just having a long legged little boy! Also, he weighs almost 1 lb! Exciting!! So when I had my doctor visit he said according to my ultrasound that my due date is registering about 9 days ahead of schedule...which just happens to be my mom's birthday!! He did not 'officially' change my due date but would not be suprised if Fearing is actually a July baby rather than August! (I am ok with this =) I guess that is all for right now. We got some really great pictures today. I hope you'll understand that we aren't going to put them up on the blog-(we are wanting to keep these kind of personal) But I will try to post some belly pictures soon. Yes, Tiff I have been taking them... at least for a few weeks anyway!! Thanks for all of your fun comments on the maternity clothes issue! Jeeze! Have a beautiful day!

W

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to meet this long little boy!!! I'm proud of you for taking pics...you'll be glad you did one day. Post some for us...I need to see your pretty face and your little belly! Love you guys!

Unknown said...

good to know that things are going well...can't wait to see belly pictures! to tell you the truth this ultrasound made me very nervous when i had emory...i know too much and see too much!! :) thank you for the comments on my blog...i never know how to respond either!!

AmandaT said...

I am so excited for you guys...congrats on having a little boy! I love the family names!

Unknown said...

I am so excited for you guys! It is so much fun!

Kristin and Blake said...

Congrats...Blake and I are so happy for you! Little boys are wonderful! Now Maddox can have another little friend to play with. I hope all continues to go well!