Friday, March 27, 2009

A little bit of this...a little bit of that...

I feel as if I have become increasingly worst at my blogging!! But, we have been super busy at work...which is a good thing! And also at home. We decided to put our little house on the market and we have been busting it ever since trying to get it 'ready' to put up for sale. Isn't that the worst part?!? By the time you get it 'ready' it is easy to lose focus on why you are trying to sell it in the first place!! With my current condition ( not really condition but being 5 1/2 months pregnant is something) I was censored on what I could actually help do to get the house ready. For example, I have some pretty mad trim painting skills- which I was forbidden to use! So I have I had to turn over many of the things I would have liked to have done to others...my Beau, my parents, sisters, and my mom-in-law Martha. It was challenging and honestly I think Beau is SO happy that the sign is up in the yard and he is so glad I finally realized that the list was never-ending with a 70 year old house!! SO, I am content with all of our updating, painting, re-grouting etc and the sign is up!! SO....Now we wait. Hopefully our little cottage will be popular and sell quickly just because this waiting part is kind of hectic. Now, as far as where we are going to move say our little house sells....that is a different story. BUT, luckily we both have wonderful parents who have opened their homes to us as well as two lake houses to choose from if we haven't found a new place. We are staying positive and as my best friend tells me daily- this is how I work. If I didn't have a deadline with a million things going on...I would be lost! Its true. Although I may not feel the same way come June if we are still sitting on this house, looking for a new one and Fearing is coming within a month!! I hope we don't get in that situation, but we are trusting in the Lord to give us wisdom and guidance and we know it will ALL work out!!
In other news.... we have had some super busy weekends lately!! Last weekend was jammed packed full of family fun! My sisters were home for spring break and I had so much fun getting to see them and spend time with them. My little brother was home too, until he flew to New York City!!! Actually, since he is a friend of Aubie, he went with the Auburn University women's basketball team and cheerleaders to New Jersey for the tournament. He had a ball!! We even got to see him on tv!! So exciting!! He had a wonderful time just living the 'Auburn Experience' to the max!!! While I am talking about that... Both Tyler and Taylor received a scholarship through the School of Ag and will be going to Spain in May!!! Yep, it is true!! They are hilarious and just the thought of the two of them (along with 3 of their friends they are in their major with and a professor) touring the gardens of Southern Spain makes me laugh. They have the most unique relationship and are such wonderful kids- I am SO proud of them!! And not to leave Syd out- she too is living it up down in Auburn!! She is about to finished with her first year of college!! I can't believe it!!! She is so smart and is studying really hard and I know she will such an awesome builder one day! ( She is at Southern Union and will transfer to Auburn hopefully in the building science program!). Also last weekend my super talented mom organized a wonderful baby shower for my sisters best friend Meagan! Meagan is going to be a mom so soon!! She is not only a 'friend' turns out we are related. Her grandmother and our grandfather are first cousins...I thought I would share a little background of her so you can have a glimpse of why this was one special baby shower!!
When Meagan was 18 (just a few weeks out of high school graduation) she had ovarian cancer, she had been dating the same guy (Jacob) since 9th grade and they knew they would one day marry... so after such a scary, and heartwrenching experience, they decided they wanted to go ahead and get married. SO, they got married on April 12, 2008. My mom made Meagan the most beautiful wedding dress!! And it was such a fun time. So they knew going into marriage they would not wait long before they had children soooo.... guess what?!? Meagan found out early fall that she was indeed expecting their first baby, who we now know as Jakeley Faith!! She will be in about a month and we couldn't be more excited for her!!! It was a fun day where I got to see many old friends from church that I haven't seen in over a year!
Me and Taylor at Meagan's Tea





Think that was busy?? THis weekend will be busy and exciting too!!! I got an email this morning from our friends the Flurry's and it looks like their little boy Carter will be making his arrival within the next few days!!! I am so excited for Justin and Ashley and I know they will be awesome parents. I can't imagine how cute little Carter will be!! I know that when Beau and I get to meet him it will make us even more ready for Fearing to be here!!!


Best Friends at Auburn Fall 2008





Happy Birthday Keith!!!

And the most exciting part of my weekend....My best friend & my girl soul mate is coming to town!!!! Woohoo!!! Tiff and her husband Keith (who happens to be having a birthday Today!!) are coming to town for a wedding and not only are they coming to town, they are coming to our house!!! It has been way too long since we have actually seen each other in person... (we talk almost daily but don't get to see each other as often, boo!) It is going to be SO exciting. We haven't seen each other in person since I have been pregnant. Although I finally folded and sent her a 'sneak peek' of the belly! I can't wait to see her... So all in all it is going to be an awesome weekend!!! I will update hopefully on Monday!

I thought I would leave a few pics for the wondering minds...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Friend, you are so sweet! I can't wait to see your pretty face either! Love you lots and lots!
PS - You are right about the house and all, everything will work out. One day at a time! =)

Shannon said...

Hey Whitney! Glad to hear you and Fearing are doing well. I made him a little baby gift I'll send to you and Beau. Sara told me his middle name is Thomas? I hope that's right, if not let me know and I can change it. You can get a sneak peek:
www.framedandlovinit.blogspot.com

Shannon

H2's Mommy said...

I'm ready for a new post! :)