Friday, June 19, 2009

I know it has been an eternity since my last post, but we have been swamped lately. I won't bore you with the details because that would be lengthy... I will say that I have one growing boy in my belly. At my 32 wk appt. we had the 4-d ultrasound. Fearing wasn't too excited about that. So he had his arm accross his sweet face the entire time. We did see parts of his face just never the whole thing at once. And he weighed in at 4 lbs 14 oz. The Dr. said he would gain between 1/2 lb to 1 pound per week from then on out. You do the math. I am going back to the Dr. on Wednesday where we will try the ultrasound out again. Hopefully he will humor us. But if not it is looking as if we won't be waiting as long as we had expected for his arrival. In the meantime, I have been doing a little shopping. I found the cutest booties EVER for my precious boy! I can't find them on the web- but I did find another pair I thought I would tease you with.
When Beau and I first started dating he talked about his Nanny and her family all of the time. I had the wonderful pleasure of meeting Nanny, but unfortunately she passed away after we had been dating about 3 months. There were so many family members from Nags Head, NC that came into town for her funeral... The Fearings. They were the sweetest people and you could tell they were so special to Beau and the rest of the Eady family. So I loved (and still love) hearing stories about Nags Head and the "Cottage" (which belonged to Nanny & her siblings). One of the stories Beau always told was about being kin to "Black Beard" the famous pirate. (Turns out this wasn't exactly true...although I know B and I know he will butter Fearing up really well with this story!) SO needless to say, when we decided to have a baby and more than that when we found out it was a boy...we knew his name would be Fearing and we knew that he had to have "pirate stuff"! Unfortunately, I was not cleared by the Dr. last week to go on our vacation/family reunion this week. So Beau is in Nags Head for the "Fearing Family Reunion" I wish SO bad I was there but there will be a trip with our Fearing in tow come this fall. And don't think he won't be wearing these precious little booties on the voyage!



I can't wait for Beau to get home to show him!! I really can't wait to see Fearing in these booties with the day gown his Nanny (my mom) is making him with the "Ahoy Matey" pirate teddy bear smocked on it!!!

5 comments:

Courtney Higdon said...

the booties are way to cute! Can't wait to see him.

Anonymous said...

Precious! Can't wait to meet Fearing. And can't wait to see you this weekend! Love you!

Unknown said...

Whitney, the booties are toooooo cute!

Kristin and Blake said...

The pirate booties are priceless! I can't believe that he will be here so soon! Time has flown by! Keep us updated!

Alisa Kelleen said...

those are awesome! we actually had decided a few months ago that Truett is going to have pirate stuff too! I'll leave the booties to you guys though.ll