Thursday, November 12, 2009

3

The number three has several different meanings around here these days...

Fearing turned 3 months old last week. Blow me away! I cannot believe my baby boy is already 3 months old (well technincally he is now 3 months and 2 wks). He is such a sweet, happy baby. I thought I would tell a little about what he is doing now and about when he started his new tricks! At 10 wks he started rolling from his belly to his back- at first it scared him but then he was so proud anytime we put him on his belly he would immediately push up with his little legs and let his bottom slowly fall over. I will never forget the first time I went in his room to check on him after I heard him making a lot of noise around 3 am. He was on his back (read between the lines if you have any questions or comments feel free to email me and I will tell you my philosophy for my decision.) He had the biggest eyes like 'whoa' so I turned him back over and put his paci back in- then this became a game- every 15 minutes or so and everytime I went to his room after that he would just smile so big and just laugh! It was SO funny- just not so much at 4am. After several nights of this he decided it wasn't that funny because he was sleepy. Now he is a pro and it makes my day when I go into his room in the mornings and he is on his back and smiles SO big. It melts me. A lot of mornings Beau and I both go in there before Beau leaves for work and Fearing just smiles and giggles for his daddy- love it!!


Also, at 10 wks Fearing tasted rice cereal for the first time. He was switched to formula at around 9 wks and after several days of a runny nose, and congestion I felt like something was not right. I started noticing that he would wake up with a clear nose and about one hour after I fed him he would be SOO stuffy again, so apparently my mommy gut kicked in and I felt it was a possible allergy (not that I know anything about that!) I took him to his pediatrician and talked with her about it- and we decided it was most likely a milk allergy. I switched him to Soy formula and that did the trick!!
But I guess the Soy wasn't sticking to his bones real well and he was just acting like he was starving every 3 hours again (after 8 ounces!) SO Dr. Millie suggested to go ahead and try the rice cereal. Fearing loved it!! It was So funny. Beau gave him his first bite and he just kept looking at him and grinning. Although I felt like 1 tablespoon all at once was to much for his tummy so I started breaking it down to 1 teaspoon several times throughout the day. That seem to work alot better and he is doing SO great with it now. Dr. Millie is really 'old school' and believes in early feeding and I think we made a great decision with starting him early- he is so much more satisfied and such a big, happy boy! Last week on his actual 3 month b'day when I went to pick him up that morning he learned a new sound. He is doing this really high pitch squel. It is hilarious!!! Beau has really sensitive ears and I knew he would have a come apart the first time he heard him...but he suprised me and died laughing. It is really funny.










Some of Fearing's other new things he is doing involve his mouth!! Everything is going straight to the mouth! Actually Dr. Millie told me yesterday that she thinks he might be trying to teeth- boy do we have lots of slober! Fearing loves his Boppy chair and reaches and graps his toys that hang down. He loves his mat too- it has a little monster that hangs down and he has figured out how to grap it and put its foot in his mouth! Along with the usual, thumb, he loves soft, silky things and he always puts them up to his face and they usually go in the mouth too. And I can't forget his duck. He has this little Infantino duck and he loves it! It makes crinkle noises and it has several teething rings on it and we don't go anywhere with out his blankie and duck! DID I mention we think he is a lefty?? I am not sure if you can actually tell at this age but his left hand is his strongest not to mention that he grabs Everything with his left hand! Beau's grandad is a lefty and we would love it if Fearing is too!


Now back to the significance of the number 3.... Yesterday I took Fearing to the doctor where he was diagnosed with his 3rd double ear infection! Bless his little heart! I can only imagine where we are going with this- but we are trying this antibiotic for the last time and then we will go from there. So far about 2 wks after he finishes a 10 day round of antibiotic he comes down with another ear infection. He is still so happy and smiling but I can just tell he is not himself.



Oh and he his now Almost big enough for his little johnny jumper that his Aunt Megan and Andy gave him. He loves trying to stand up and he likes to move those legs!! He needs to get a little bigger before he will be ready to get in it for a long period of time. But I thought I would share those pictures!


OK Sorry for the really long post- I have a few pictures to share and I will update again soon!

3 comments:

H2's Mommy said...

I love all of the new pictures. He has changed so much since I saw him last. He's precious! I hope his poor ears get better and stay better! Can't wait to see you both again.

Kristin and Blake said...

What a cutie! I need to meet him...It's been way too long since we've seen y'all! I love the new pictures too. In some pictures I think he looks like you and in others like Beau, but that one where he is eating the cereal and smiling looks just like Beau to me. And you're right that time passes way too quickly! If you figure out a way to stop it, be sure to let me know!

Anonymous said...

So sad to hear he has another double ear infection! =( But all of those pictures are adorable! He looks so happy and smiley - I love it! So glad you updated! I miss you and MUST see you both over Thanksgiving!! Love you friend!