Thursday, November 6, 2008

Christmas is Coming!!

I mentioned in my previous post that I am so excited about CHRISTMAS!! I have always loved Christmas, but this year there is something different... I feel like a child waiting on Santa Claus!! It all started on Saturday November 1st when I realized that a local radio station has started their annual NON-STOP Christmas music!! WooHoo! So B has been so sweet letting me listen to it non stop if we are in the car. ( I think he secretly likes it too). Beau and I have been mapping out our christmas gift giving strategies too. We both have such a large family that we are learning to be very creative... but we are both really excited! I thought I would share a few pictures of some christmas pretties that I love and most likely will be on display in the Mosley home for the holidays!!

Last year we had our little "donated" tree that we had up at the house last Christmas. Granted, neither of us were living in the house and we would only plug it in when we were down working on the weekends. But it is still special. We are going to be using this in the guest room this year. Obviously we will be setting it on some type of table since it is a little vertically challenged. Also, I think we are going to be "flocking" it (shh... B doesn't know yet!) I found this cool kit online I am going to have to order....

I think our little tree would be beautiful in the blue room with the "flocked" look going on with sand dollars and star fish hanging as the ornaments with soft blue or white lights ( I can't decide!).
NOW, In the living room I think that I would like a very traditional tree- I can't decide on the colors yet... maybe the reds and golds but maybe greens and blues and yellows..hmm... I will have to keep working on this one!!
I do know that our comfy room (our den) will be featuring another "palm" (we have the coolest palm tree lamp that B gave me for the 25th..remember?!)And last year after Christmas I ordered this...

We are planning on having it in the den with our gifts to each other! It is really cute and of course I went overboard with ALL of the ornament to go on it as well.
Now for the outside... We are going to be using the garland/white light mix again that I worked so hard on last year. Although we are going to have different 'bows' adorning the handrails and mailbox. Also I will make a new wreath for the front door. I haven't decided on what it will look like exactly but I found a few ideas that I really like. I love love love using the bright red with the lime green!! SO cute. I thought this was a really cute wreath-

Maybe with a bright bow!
Also, B and I have decided we will definitely be doing this, or a rendition of it anyway!!
The wreath part- we will use simple grapevine wreaths and hang them with the same ribbon that we use on the handrails and mailbox. Oh- and spot lights on the house.... this is a must for us this year!!! Ok- next post will be on our favorite Christmas music... some we have...some we want... stay tuned. ~whitney

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know! I'm so excited too! Can't wait to start decorating! Cute pics and ideas...can't wait to see pics of the house all done up! lovey!

Angie Davis said...

i love your ideas! looks like your house will be quite festive this year. i especially love the wreaths on the outside of the house.

i am trying to decide how to decorate this year with limited space, and baby coming possibly right in the middle of it all!

H2's Mommy said...

I want square wreaths too...where can I find them? Your Christmas dishes are going to be so pretty! I can't wait to see them finished.