Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Happy Fall Ya'll








Is that not fun to say? Happy Fall Ya'll!?!?! For those who know me best... I am a summer girl to the very core. I absolutely love any and all things that involve summer... especially Southern summers. I am a beach girl who some how got mistakenly placed in the city.... I still haven't figured this one out. BUT, I will admit, lately I have really been excited about "FALL." Now realize that Alabama is not your typical Fall place, meaning it still feels like the dog daze long into the Automnal Equinox (September 22 for those curious stalkers). For instance, my sweet Beau and I decided that since we had the weekend off (Auburn played in Nashville, thank the Lord we didn't make that trip!) we would visit a farm about 25 minutes from our house and pick us up a few Pumpkins.
I must warn you our quaint little town looks as if the Automnal Equinox exploded in town square.(literally, each and every lamp post is adorned with corn stalks, a bale of hay and sometype of "fall" decor. And each and every business has some type of decor outside or in the store front... I will get a picture ASAP!) Because of this I have found myself yearning to be festive. And I will say once I got into the groove of telling myself that I like fall.... I am actually enjoying it!! I thought I would give you a little peep into our adventure to Old Baker Farm which is beautiful farm about 25 minutes from our little town.
Little did we know that it was going to be a several hour adventure which left nothing out....including the petting zoo,horseback riding(at the tune of $3 a pop), the tower of hay (the youngens were climbing this like it was no big deal!), a hayride to the pumpkin patch, a chance to pick cotton and not less than a hundred little ones running around!! THat is right, actually I am pretty convinced we were the ONLY two there without a little one in tow (but we had fun nevertheless!).




Beau and I would highly suggest this outing to those who are looking for something fun to do....unfortunately fun comes with a price tag. I will give you a break down for those wanting to put Old Baker Farm in your budget!!

OLD BAKER FARM BREAKDOWN:
$9 (X 2) A PIECE TO ENTER- THIS INCLUDES HAYRIDE AND ONE PUMPKIN EACH!
$4 BURGER,CHIPS AND A COKE
$3 2 HOT DOGS AND A DRINK
$3 (X 3)BALED HAY FOR YARD DECOR
GRAND TOTAL: $34 BUCKS FOR A 3 HOUR ADVENTURE!

Enjoy the photos. OH,... and since I was being festive I decided to make a couple of wreaths for our home. I am also posting these for all to see. THis was my first wreath making experience (by myself that is) and I have to say I am pretty pleased with the outcome. The wreath on the front door also has a beautiful fall bow adorning it... I will have to retake a picture soon!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So much fun! You guys are too cute! Love the wreaths...very festive!
tbj