Thursday, October 16, 2008

You did What?

Ok so before you laugh too hard.... I know this might seem a little out of character for muah, but I actually agreed and I had a wonderful time....





So this is how the story goes... we are just on our way home yesterday, stuck in traffic as usual, and I mention that it would be nice to start our brisk walk/jog back when we got home ( yes we did this twice... in June... and we just haven't gotten back around to it) so then Beau said yes that would be fun but you know what we could do.... is go hit a few tennis balls. Then I reminded him that we don't have any tennis rackets at our house... so we thought we would go by Wally world and pick up some cheap ones. Then I suggested we go to Academy and we could pick up a whiffle balls too ( OK I forgot to mention that we play whiffle ball a few times a week in our backyard... just us...it would be really fun if we had friends to play too, but we are out of luck right now considering we are the youngest couple on the street by 30 years, moot point) OK so we decided that would be a better idea considering wally world doesn't carry whiffle balls... yes we have already checked... then Beau suggested we play homerun derby on the tennis courts.... So we decided that would be really fun and we would go ahead and pick up our tennis rackets for another day. So I am not really sure how this happened but we ended up leaving Academy with two of these (mine is blue, b's is red) :





Yep, I got a bike. Actually, Beau and I both got new bikes. Hehehe. SO I am thinking you might be curious as to what in the world would make me of all people want a bike, seeing as I don't really do a lot of outdoor adventure seeking etc.Still not really sure how we got to this point, but we did manage to grap the whiffle balls and NO tennis paraphanella... which honestly did NOT hurt my feelings, seeing how I am married to a man whose family was once the Alabama Tennis Association Family of the YEAR!!! Just imagine me, hitting a ball with the racket. I tried this once and it resulted in our very first relationship fight several years back..... NOT FOR ME> Let me know what you think! Also in case you were wondering... we did manage to make a quick ride through town last night (approx. one mile) and needless to say I thought I was going to die!! But I am looking forward to our new adventures on our bikes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have to admit -- I'm a little shocked! I want to see a pic of you riding the bike! =)
Love you!
tbj